Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

Ok So it has officially been 11 days since I quit smoking.... and I am very proud to report I have not cheated once! I have also been able to stop my Everlasting Gobstopper habit. My teeth are grateful for that!

I started week 2 of my C25K this week. It was a tiny bit more difficult but not bad. I got for day 2 of week 2 today. From now on I am going to type 2:3 or 4:2... 2:3 would stand for week 2 day 3 and 4:2 week 4 day 2.....get it? good!

Ok My new gadget.... I got a Garmin 405!!! A pretty big investment into a fairly new hobby, but once I saw I couldn't help myself.
you"re all asking... what the heck is a Garmin 405??? Well I'll tell you.... It's a GPS enabled stop watch, heart Rate monitor, distance tracker, and so much more! I wear it on my run outside, press start and go. As I am jogging I can keep track of how far I've gone, the time, the pace I am going, my heart rate, and if I get lost it will direct me back to where I started. Once I get home it connects to my computer wirelessly and syncs my run to the Garmin training website. There I can see and actual map of where I went, a graph of my HR and time charts. It even keeps track of my elevation! I LOVE gadgets, so when I saw this I HAD to have it!
Check out my 1st run with my garmin...keep in mind this C25K is run/walk to build endurance...so you can really see it in my heart rate graph.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/514876

No comments: