Saturday, September 6, 2008

Keep on truckin'

Well it's been 5 weeks, and I am happy to report that I still do not smoke, and I still am running! In fact I just walked in the door from a run.

I found a trail that goes around the back of my neighborhood. It's really pretty, there are creeks, and trees. There are a lot of other people out there running and biking too!
I have always been intimidated by other runners judging me...I would think they would say "Eww!!! look at her form it's awful!!!" or "Oh god!! Look at the fat butt trying to rum!" I have come to find that not to be the case at all. They are all very friendly. I think there is this runners code that you are supposed to wave or smile at the other runners... they all do it, even the bicyclers. So either they are legitimately friendly or they are saying "Eww, look at the fat butt" with a smile.

I decided to sign up for the Long Beach 5k next month. It's October 12th, down by the Aquarium of The Pacific. It's is a really flat and pretty course...flat being the key word there. It's actually called the Long Beach Marathon. They offer a full marathon (26.2 miles), a half marathon (13.1 miles) and the 5K (3.1 miles). Stay tuned though...because I am going to do the Surf City Half Marathon on February 1st....just don't think I will be ready for 13.1 miles by next month.

No comments: